Other articles about my Apple career:
- My first job at Apple: AppleCare (1999-2000)
- Interviewing for the Mail team (2000)
- Mail team: Technical support (2000-2004)
- Mail team: QA (2000-2004)
- >>> Aperture: Senior QA (2004-2005)
NOTE: This is just my experience on Aperture. Many hundreds of stories aren’t in here because I didn’t experience them myself.
This project is tricky to write about as there was so much positive and negative emotion involved — a real roller coaster.
Paul Marcos was an engineer on Mail with me and unofficially my mentor. He was a huge reason I joined the team in the first place. When I heard about him leaving Mail, it was like a punch in the gut. I asked where he was going, and he couldn’t say. That’s Apple for you.
Then he said ‘You could come with’. I instantly felt better. I loved Mail, but the thought of … READ THE REST