It’s easy for text to be misinterpreted. As people are more rushed and interact with more people with different language backgrounds, it’s more common that people don’t fully comprehend each other. It’s easy to misinterpret the emotions behind messages correctly. Take two people in a heated debate and text exchanges can easily go wrong.
Emojis can help! 🙌 They are more often used in a personal context but their richness means they can help bring clarity to confusing situations or inject humor, amongst other things.
Some ideas on when to use them.
- Wanting to express an opinion on a contentious issue ⚡️
- Communicating with someone where language proficiencies are very different 🇨🇱🇳🇴🇰🇳🇯🇲🇺🇸🇨🇿
- Sending text to someone you don’t know and you want the message to feel more personal 📲
- When there is a strong desire to be silly and random 🤣
- It’s very underused in bug tracking systems where it can help bring clarity, calm debate, and generally inject some personality into a context that is often devoid of it. 🐜