I’m not spending £19 an Alfred for just this one purpose, but for its seemingly endless uses that improve productivity. In this example, I’ll create a shortcut to open Xcode projects and workspaces.
- A utility application called Alfred
- Purchasing the Powerpack for £19
- Open Alfred Preferences
- Click on Workflows
- Click on the button at the bottom of the sidebar
- Choose Templates > Files and Apps > File filter from keyword and open
- Give it a name like “Open Xcode Project” and click OK
- Double-click on File Filter
- Enter “x” in the keyword field and uncheck “with space” (unchecked, this means the space is optional)
- In the File Types field, click the button and navigate to an xcodeproj file
- Optionally, do the same with an xcworkspace file
Optionally, you can click on the Search Scope tab and restrict the search to one or more directories.
Now, bring up Alfred
Type “xfoo” …