Other articles about my Apple career:
- How I ended up at Apple (1999)
- My first job at Apple: AppleCare (1999-2000)
- Mail team (2000-2004)
- >>> Aperture: Senior QA (2004-2005)
- Eye Candy QA (2005-2011)
- Flipboard interlude (2011-2013)
- TO BE WRITTEN (2013-2019)
- Why I left Apple (2019)
NOTE: This is just my experience on Aperture. Many hundreds of stories aren’t in here because I didn’t experience them myself.
This project is tricky to write about as there was so much positive and negative emotion involved — a real roller coaster.
Paul Marcos was an engineer on Mail with me and unofficially my mentor. He was a huge reason I joined the team in the first place. When I heard about him leaving Mail, it was like a punch in the gut. I asked where he was going, and he couldn’t say. That’s Apple for you.
Then he said ‘You could come with’. … READ THE REST