Other articles about my Apple career:
- How I ended up at Apple (1999)
- My first job at Apple: AppleCare (1999-2000)
- >>> Mail team (2000-2004)
- Aperture: Senior QA (2004-2005)
- Eye Candy QA (2005-2011)
- Flipboard interlude (2011-2013)
- TO BE WRITTEN (2013-2019)
- Why I left Apple (2019)
Sometime in the summer of 2000, I interviewed with the Mail team.
I never intended to work in software engineering but I desperately wanted to work on Mac OS X, which was working on releasing the Public Beta within a few months. So a bunch of interviews with the Mail team.
The short summary is I sweated and laughed a lot. I alternated between being certain I was getting the job to being sure I wasn’t.